Article By J. Fox
Let’s get right down to it, because it really is that simple.
5. Just Say “No”! – Think of it this way, just as it is easy for you to say no to your kids when they’re up to no good or want a toy or treat they can’t have, when the urge to binge attacks, just say no. Seriously, saying no to you could take some time getting used to, because your first initial reaction is to succumb to your wants and needs, but if you flat out say no to yourself (sometimes saying it out loud really helps), eventually you will find it easier to tame those wild cravings. Try it sometime. Practice the one-word mantra, and just say “no”!
4. Eat More Often! – Ever wonder why you seem to gain more weight even when you literally skip meals hoping to lose weight? First of all, skipping meals is never a good idea, because it causes low blood sugar, which in turn causes hunger pangs and food cravings. Studies have shown that people who eat a well-balanced breakfast regularly are less likely to be obese than those who skip it. And eating 4-6 small, healthy meals a day is better for you than eating 2-3 big meals a day, because it helps stabilize your blood sugar and helps control your appetite throughout the day.
3. Feed the Muscle! – Muscle burns fat. That’s the fact. So, naturally, the more muscle you have the faster you’d be able to burn fat, look leaner, and gain muscle definition. That’s why it’s important to feed your muscles with certain foods that helps to build muscle mass. Foods that are high in protein like eggs or legumes (lima beans, lentils, kidney beans, chickpeas), and salmon which contains omega-3 fatty acids are great for building muscles.
2. Shake Things Up! – Your body is smarter than you think. After months of redundant routine of the same diet and exercise, your body has adjusted and unless you shake things up, your body weight is not going anywhere. Shaking things up could be as simple as changing aerobic instructors, or going from a treadmill to a crosstrainer. Try adding a low-impact exercise into your cardio and fat-burning routine like yoga. Just be sure that once in a while, you get off the same merry-go-round and go on a different ride. If anything, it’ll keep you from getting bored of doing the same old thing.
1. You Snooze, You Lose! – It’s no joke. It’s been a proven fact that sleeping more can actually help you lose more weight. There are two hormones in our body that have been linked to our sleeping habits and eating behavior: Leptin and Ghrelin. When we are sleep deprived, Leptin (which controls your appetite) decreases, and Ghrelin (which is responsible for feelings of hunger) increases. As a result, your cravings go haywire and no matter what or how much you eat, it seems you can’t get full or satisfied. So, next time you feel like hitting the snooze button, go for it.
When you truly apply these simple ways to get in shape fast, losing weight should be no sweat!
Go to [http://www.BuildYourDreamBody.com] to get more tips on how to get in shape fast. No drugs. No supplements. No lies. Just the basic truth about your body and why most diet methods people are using today don’t work. You can also sign up and download your FREE fat loss report titled, “Big Fat Lies” which lists everything you need to know about the diet industry by going to [http://www.BuildYourDreamBody.com]
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=J._Fox